- This event has passed.
Bushfire Recovery and Community Day
December 5, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
To assist with the ongoing recovery efforts, Lithgow City Council is hosting a Bushfire Recovery and Community Day on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December at the Civic Ballroom, Lithgow.
This free public event will bring together community, emergency and recovery services all under one roof – making it easy for everyone to access the support and information they need.
The same event program will run across both Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm. This inaugural event will feature:
· Q&A panel with RFS, Police, mental health specialists, SES, Lithgow City Council and the Red Cross.
· Landscape recovery & local wildlife update.
· A personal video message to the Lithgow community from Shane Fitzsimmons, Commissioner Resilience NSW.
· Local emergency services presenting on bushfire preparation.
· Bushfire recovery support services and legal
· Information on building and renovating in bushfire prone areas.
· Children’s activities and a sausage sizzle provided by Lithgow Lion’s Club.
Due to COVID Safe protocols, registration via the ticketing system is essential to allow for COVID-19 contact tracing.
To register, please go to www.council.lithgow.com or phone Rachel Nicoll on (02) 6354 9999. Please book ASAP as tickets are limited to ensure physical distancing can be met.