Blast Furnace Park
The remnants of the Blast Furnace stand tall reminding us that Lithgow was the birthplace of the Australian iron and steel industry. Constructed in 1913, the Lithgow Blast Furnace, at its peak, produced 105,000 tonnes of pig iron produced primarily for use by the Trans-Australia Railway.
Recent improvements at the site have provided walking paths across the site and informative signage with images of how things used to be.
Address: Inch Street, Lithgow
For more information contact Lithgow Visitor Information Centre on 1300 76 02 76