Date(s) - 28/10/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hartley Historic Village
Join in on the fun at Hartley Historic Site’s family fair. From pony rides and face painting to the artisan stalls, this special day near Lithgow is a great family day out.
Hartley’s enduring sandstone buildings tell stories of NSW’s past. And what better way to explore them than at the annual fair? A day for the whole family, the village will be taken over by the fair. Here are some highlights:
• The kids can take out their energy on the free jumping castle
• Introduce your children to the thrill of pony riding. Once they’re tired out, they can enjoy a relaxing face painting session.
• Stop by the thrilling snake show for some reptile action
• There’ll be a special performance by Sally Anne’s dancers
• Get lashed as a convict during the Lithgow Living History performance
• Wander through various handcrafted produce and artisan stalls
• Enjoy a variety of food and coffee outlets, or bring a picnic to enjoy with family and friends.
• Explore the village and visit the Talisman Gallery to enter the fire poker challenge
• View the fantastic work of local Indigenous artists in the Kew-Y-Ahn Gallery
• Purchase Irish gifts from Finn’s Celtic store
• Take a walk along Granite Tors walking track, to see the village from the highest point on the site. You’ll get the chance to look inside the fascinating convict cells and courthouse.
• Follow the river along the easy Rowsons River walk
• The event showcases a variety of hand made arts, crafts and local produce.
This day offers a fun and exciting way to explore Hartley’s heritage significance. Come along with your family and friends to see all that Hartley Historic Site has to offer.
Entry fee $5 per vehicle. All proceeds raised at entry go to Lithgow Aged Care.